Monday, September 24, 2007

India is World Champions!

The young Indian cricket team made history today by defeating Pakistan by 5 runs in the final of Twenty 20 World Cup! Wow...what a match it was. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Sreesanth taking an easy catch. Look at the video below.

Nihir, Janhavi and I got up at 5 in the morning to watch the finals. Perhaps, this is the earliest I have woken up in the last few years (not even for my exams, classes, flights or interviews!). And believe me, every moment was worth it.

India has won a world cup after a long long wait - 24 years and six World Cups later. Last time, it was Kapil Dev's young team who brought world cup to India and this time, it was young, ambitious and ever-enthusiastic team of Mahendra Singh Dhoni who brought laurels for Indian cricket.

The way Indian players celebrated during the presentation ceremony says it all - what this win meant to them.

It will be cherished by everyone for a long time to come.

No comments: