Sunday, August 27, 2006

We are the world



We are the world
We are the children
We are the ones who make a brighter day
So let's start giving
There's a choice we're making
We're saving our own lives
It's true we'll make a better day
Just you and me


"We Are the World" is a 1985 song written by Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie, produced and conducted by Quincy Jones and recorded by a supergroup of popular musicians billed as USA for Africa.


I heard this song for the first time in Italia 1990 opening ceremony when I was just 10 years old. No other song has moved me so much as this song. I must say that this song is as relevant today as it was in 1985. With so much terrorism all over the world (India, Middle East, Europe, North America etc.), all of us need to come together to make a brighter day for our loved ones. So let's start giving ....

No comments: